SL&A leverages proprietary databases, marketing research, environmental scanning, and investigative and discovery skills together with information management and technology expertise in the development of competitive estimates, competitive analyses, and competitive intelligence databases.
Our team of practiced intelligence professionals impart discerning perspectives often garnering clients the competitive advantage in their business environments.
Selected Case Studies/Notable Matters
- Investigated the global licensing and franchising operations of a major merchant acquiring and card issuing organization. Determined pricing, deal structures and vulnerabilities in multiple country markets.
- Developed an annual competitive assessment of retailer/acquirer joint promotional activity including estimates of expenditures and effectiveness. Reviewed strategies and analyzed partnership structures for a major merchant acquirer. Identified competitive opportunities and interdiction actions.
- Developed the competitive intelligence infrastructure and systems for a major, global technology firm. Trained staff in competitive intelligence gathering and compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Designed a marketing research and competitive intelligence gathering organization for one of the world’s leading banking organizations.
- Investigated potential bank assurance partners in Asia for a US-based, global insurance company.
- Determined new financial services product needs for customers of a leading German auto manufacturer.