In highly complex commercial litigation involving very large numbers of documents – whether paper or electronic – our discovery professionals:
- Manage document processing
- Create and comply with preservation orders
- Prepare deposition, declaration and expert reports windices and integrate their indices to electronically accessible, searchable, cited and referenced evidential material
- Document the relationships between and among materials generated in discovery
- Prepare discovery responses and production at counsel’s direction
Selected Case Studies/Notable Matters
- Scanned all electronic documents of a third party. Built a searchable database of words and phrases. Based on counsel’s direction, identified all privileged documents and generated an automatic privilege log and a full production (absent duplicate documents) for opposing counsel.
- In a matter involving more than 20 expert reports for each of plaintiff and defendant, SL&A developed a relational database of all citations, quotes, and footnotes and concatenated them with the cited materials, other documents produced in discovery and the writings of the expert testifiers to identify errors, inconsistencies and misrepresentations for use by counsel in cross examination and in refuting experts.